Lois Country Cooking
My Homemade Bread and Rolls
- 2 cups Luke warm water -1 pkg yeast
- 2 Tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 to 5 cups flour
- Take water, yeast, salt and sugar stir till dissolved add oil and 1 1/2 cups flour
- use electric mixer mix together
- Till smooth. Add flour gradually till thick batter. Put mixer aside
- Add flour and mix by hand till it forms a ball
- And don't stick to hand. Pour more oil into hand a rub over all surface of dough.
- Cover with clean cloth and
- Let rise till double in size. Oil hands, knead down and shape into rolls or loaves.
- Cover let rise till double.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees till golden brown. Remove from oven immediately
- rub butter or oleo over all
- Surfaces. Let cool remove from pan and serve. Loaves take about 45 min to an hour.
- Rolls 25 to 35 min.