Lois Country Cooking
Iowa Italian Beef
- 3lbs roast beef, 3 cups water and roast drippings
- 3 beef bullion cubes, ½ tsp. each of marjoram, oregano, thyme and oil
- 4 drops of Tabasco sauce, dash of pepper
- 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ clove garlic, use pre crushed or powder
- 1 chopped green pepper
- Roast meat until medium done (remove and cool slice thin or shred)
- Add above ingredients to drippings in pan simmer 15 min
- Add cut up meat. Marinate in refrigerator over night
- Reheat to serve hot but only to simmer
- We like to eat on hard buns
- Add cheese of choice and any other like lettuce or tomato etc
- Can increase spices and garlic to suit taste. Enjoy!
My sister-in-law gave this basic recipe to me.